TLC then went to Kate with a new proposal. Called Kate Plus 8. Only problem was, Jon was in the way. So what did Kate do? FILE FOR DIVORCE in July - Aug of 2009.
While everything was done in secret, Jon decided since they're having a divorce, what's the point of filming? So Jon demanded the show to end. This pissed off TLC and Kate Gosselin. So what did TLC and Kate do? Pay off Stephanie Skanktoro to go along with the scam!
Stephanie Skanktoro is actually a friend of Kate. As seen in these photos.
TIME LINE OF WHAT HAPPENED
* October 2008: Kate ends it with Jon. Tells him he is to live his life and she is to live hers. But they must continue filming
* Jan - Feb 2009: Jon is seen at the clubs taking photos with various people
* March 2009: Season 4 finale: Jon says he doesn't want to film anymore. Kate says, I love it and I'm not going to stop.
* April 2009: Kate Major pops up
* May: TLC informs Kate with Kate Plus 8. But Jon is in the way. She must file for divorce before the Kate Plus 8 can go on.
* June 2009: Stephanie Skanktoro pops up. After Kate and TLC have a talk.
* June 22, 2009: Kate files for divorce.
* August: Jon and Heller contacts TLC to end the show and to release Jon of his contract.
* September: TLC introduce Kate Plus 8