Jon claims one of the reasons Kate filed an emergency petition last week was "to cover up the fact that she removed hundreds of thousands of dollars from the marital estate" prior to filing for divorce from him in June.
He also claims Kate violated the terms of their divorce arbitrator's awards by writing checks and/or withdrawing funds totaling more than $60,000 from one joint account between June 15 and September 15, and approximately $9,800 from a second account in mid-July.
Jon accuses Kate of not telling the whole truth to the court because she's failed to provide a proper accounting of the funds she withdrew. He admits that he removed "certain funds" from one of their accounts, but claims bank statements show that Kate took out "more than $100,000."
Jon also says that Kate isn't telling the truth when she claims there aren't any other liquid funds available to repay the marital estate. He claims Kate is in control of more than $1 million and accuses her of continuing to hide money.
Jon says the court should hold Kate in contempt of the two arbitration awards; require her to pay back into their account $7,500 for each month that she failed to deposit that amount; and be required to give a complete accounting of all the money she spent in the last 60 days.
"Jon seeks to hold Kate responsible for what he believes to be her contemptuous conduct," Jon's lawyer Mark Heller tells "The Insider." Heller claims Jon kept the information confidential over the last five days because he didn't want to "embarrass Kate with the allegations," hoping instead to resolve their divorce-related issues through private legal negotiations.
But he says Jon decided to go public with the papers because a legal representative for Kate, Mark Momjian, according to Heller, continued to speak out about their ongoing litigation. "Accordingly, in order for Jon's side to be known and the picture to be complete, we feel we have no choice but to release Jon's Answer and Counterclaim." Click here for Heller's full statement.