Shop at EatLovePray
Custom t-shirts, Phone Cases, Clocks, Business Cards and more!

About Us...

Exposing the lies and seeking truth doesn't = Hate. This is not a Kate Hate Site. A 'Kate Hate Site" wouldn't have "Shame on Kate AND Shame on Jon" in the reaction box.

Just a place where bloggers and commenters can share an open discussion on all things related to the Gosselins.

This blog was created to expose the spins and lies shared by the media and by several individuals who continue to spread filth and garbage for their own self-interests.

This blog will expose those who continue to spread lies as "truth" and those who base their beliefs and support for one individual based on those lies.
Pursuing Truth, Exposing Lies and Informing the Sheeple

September 10, 2010

An interview with Kate Gosselin......

Patricia Sheridan's Breakfast With ... Kate Gosselin
Monday, September 13, 2010

By Patricia Sheridan, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Chris Pizzello

Kate Gosselin arrives at the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards Sunday, Aug. 29, 2010, in Los Angeles.

Reality TV star, author and single mother Kate Gosselin has moved past the pain of her public divorce last year from Jon Gosselin. She and the two sets of multiples that made her famous -- the twins and sextuplets -- have begun a new season with the renamed show "Kate Plus Eight" on TLC. The Pennsylvania native has wasted no time looking for opportunities to continue to work in the public eye to support her family. Last season she appeared on "Dancing With the Stars," and she has been a co-host on "The View." She has written three books with a fourth due out next year.

Is life much different for you and the children when the cameras aren't rolling?
Kate - Nope, just less bodies. Because I don't have time to do anything different, contrary to the very popular belief of the world that things are different.

It was obvious when the camera crew came back that the children were thrilled. Do you worry about their attachment to being filmed?
Kate - No, they are attached to the people behind the equipment, not the equipment. We'll always stay in touch with them, so that is not a worry at all.
jj - Shouldn't the kids have relationships with children their age?  Interesting how Kate is okay with the kids being attached to paid "friends", while their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are banned from ever seeing them.

A lot of people who have been on reality TV complain it is edited to make them look a certain way (usually bad). Did you ever feel that way?
Kate - Um, well, I can see where they are going with a story line, and I don't think that it's that I'm painted a certain way. I think, "Did I really say that? Did I really do that? Yuk!" So, I mean, I did it. I gave it to them. It happened. I'm living my life. I think it's just looking at myself and saying "That didn't come across very good" or "Oh, I was too harsh." I'm guilty. I've said it before, I am a very Type A -- hurry, hurry get it done now. A "do-it-better-kind-of-person you know? That is a Type A personality, and we're not very nice sometimes.

You seem comfortable enough in front of the camera. Was it always like that?
Kate - It was always like that. I probably get in trouble because I don't know how to make myself a different person. I've done a little acting here and there. I'm interested in doing more, but that is a very difficult art. It is a hard thing for me to be anything other than what I am. If I'm playing myself I'm fine. I don't know, I would like to see if I could be somebody else. I've always been very comfortable. That's why from the very beginning it [the show] did so well. We were real and believable and honest. I think myself, more so than Jon, was always myself. If something is bugging me, man, you know about it. I can't keep it quiet. Our crew is our extended family. They are standing there in the room, and they see the unedited version of the good, the bad and the ugly.
jj - Kate says she fine playing with herself in front of the cameras.  WTF?  Did Jamie leave you too Kate?   Kate then claims to be "real, believable and honest".  Yeah, that's how WE know you're being totally honest.  When you tell the world that you are "real, and that you never lie".  Sounds a lot like what Hailey claimed just a few weeks ago. "the problem with me is, I'm too honest - Hailey".  No, the problem with you is, is that you're an attention whore.  Your 15 mins are up and you're missing it.

Do you ever have any input when it comes to editing?
Kate - I do watch the shows before they air, and there have been a few occasions where I have said "ughhh." But, again, it is up to them whether they take it out. I know when I am inviting them into my house they are able to show whatever it is they have [filmed]. However, when I speak up about the kids and things I don't want about the kids in, I am listened to and I need to have that say. I will sacrifice myself. I mean, they crucify me. So what do I care? If I don't have a thick skin, I guess I'll never have one. Where the kids are concerned, I don't like them to be shed in an ugly light.
jj - I thought it was the "reality reality show ever".  So Kate does have input on what TLC decides to air.  

Do you think reality stars are treated differently by the press than conventional actors?
Kate - I do, and I think it's warranted because actors -- it is their skill they study and work at it. I am just in the fortunate situation that people care enough to watch [the show], and I am able to provide for my kids. It has become my job, but it is not a job I had to learn or study or get a degree. I now look at actors as "wow." So I think it is warranted that reality people are treated different. There's all kinds of crazy reality out there. It doesn't really take much to get there. I'm just really living my life and showing people how I do it. I started out that way, and I remain that way because people were curious.
jj - It's a job?  So the kids ARE working. Thanks for clarifying it for us.

Have your relationships with friends and family been affected as you have become more well known?
Kate - It happens to everybody, yes. I think it goes beyond being on TV or famous. In every situation and every decision people make, family and friends decide to stand with you or stand not with you. I knew to expect it, and I saw it happening. You know, friends come out of nowhere when you least expect it and family members you never thought would, disappear. That's just the way it is. So it's been hard, really.
jj - You banned them from ever seeing the kids because they didn't support YOU putting them on TV.

They say you really find out who your friends are.
Kate - You really do, and I've said that many, many times. I really consider it a blessing and a privilege to walk in life and know who my true friends are. I can tell you I know them for a fact. Many people will live and die and not know who those true people are. It's a great, great thing to know who my true friends are and who I can count on.

You've had two major surprises in your life: finding out you were having sextuplets and when Jon wanted out of the marriage.
Kate - Well, it's three shocks because I never knew I would be a household name. That was a ... shock [laughing].
jj - She's household name? Jon didn't want out of marriage. It was Kate.  How many times do we have to say this? Kate left Jon on October 2008.  Everything after that was all staged for the show.

I know they were all different, but which was more challenging?
Kate - Um, gosh, I can't even compare them. They are all different. Definitely when I have those moments when I'm by myself and don't feel like listening to music, which is rare, I just come back to the fact that it is a life I never could have made up. I never could have dreamed or run from it. It was my destiny. It's just what was supposed to happen to me. I don't compare them in shock waves. When I found out I was having sextuplets I had no idea how I would provide for them and take care of them. Eight kids is certainly beyond fathomable for anybody who is living a normal life and just getting by. But thank God a career, if you want to call it that, appeared out of nowhere and afforded me the ability to guilt-free financially provide for eight kids. So when Jon wanted to be gone and not provide or be married or be in our house or whatever, I'm a rare woman that can provide for her kids, let alone eight. I do not take that lightly. I mean many people are trapped in marriages because of finances, and they are not happy and nobody is happy. So I look at it as how the turn of events occurred, and we can be what we are and the nine of us can be happy. That to me is amazing.
jj - BS.  It didn't come out of nowhere.  You filmed the kids yourself and sent clips of it to TLC and probably other TV networks.  You were also obsessed with another couple with multiples (the McCaughey Septuplets) and envied the attention and financial assistant (freebies) they received.  You even have a copy of their book and read it the entire time you were in bedrest.

Would you ever consider marrying again?
Kate - You've caught me far enough out from my divorce that if my knight in shining armor appeared, I would, at this point, consider it. The poor thing would have to live through so much scrutiny from the outside world and from me, that I don't know that anyone would ever want to do that. But, yeah, I mean it's lonely, and it's a lot of responsibility on my own. I have friends who I could call 24 hours of the day, but it's just not the same as having somebody walking in your shoes with you. Probably, I just, I don't know. I don't know if that person exists.
jj - That person did exist.  His name was Jon Gosslein.  The father of your 8 kids.  He put up with your poor attitude.  He served you hand and food.  He was a slave to you.  He was the one who got up early to get the kids ready for school while you slept in.  He was also the one who tucked them in a night while you Google yourself.   Yet, YOU left him on Oct 2008, and told them to "fake the marriage" for the show.

But that scam didn't last long did it?  Once the truth broke out. you FLIPPED on Jon.  And you STILL hate him because of it.  You were living the life YOU wanted.  Then Jon caught partying and you then realized that the SCAM you initiated  with Jon was going to be out. Til this day, you despise Jon for breaking the contract with you and TLC.  This is why you HATE him so much. Because he broke the contract.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10256/1086754-129.stm#ixzz0zQqQ28Tc
Listen to it here: http://media.post-gazette.com/podcasts/20100913breakfastwith.mp3

Related Posts...



5 comments:

HI 50 said... [Reply]

Another bullsh*t interview. There she goes again, it's all about her & her specialness...WTF is that answer she gave about relationships?

Katie Irene, "Many people will live and die and not know who those true people are. It's a great, great thing to know who my true friends are and who I can count on."

She's so full of sh*t, she can't smell herself. HONESTLY, her TRUE friends are PAID EMPLOYEES!! Is she THAT STUPID & IGNORANT?!! I guess so! Wonder how FAST her "TRUE" friends will last when the $$ runs out?!!

Check out the cycle of domestic violence -- perpetrator. She fits the profile & it's scary. She isolated Jon from his family & friends when they were married. She controlled EVERYTHING in their life. WHO the F--- gives their spouse an allowance of $5.00 a day?! SHE DID! AND she was PROUD of herself! She ostracized family & friends when they didn't jump to her commands. That's her draw for ratings, UBER-B*TCH!! She makes Joan Crawford look like an angel The difference is, @ least the twins appear to know HOW TO put Monster Mommy Dearest in her place. I'm cheering on the twins, especially Mady b/c she KNOWS how to stick it to Katie. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Exactly, imagine if it was Jon that gave Kate a $5 allowance. America would be pissed and attack Jon for being so greedy.

Glenda said... [Reply]

ugh When will an interviewer actually ask her tough questions? It's like every interviewer is afraid to ask her hard questions. I don't get it! I think Anderson Cooper would've lit into if he could've. I'm just ready for someone to do a REAL inteview with her that asks her tough questions. When will that happen?? UGH!!

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Maybe Nancy Grace should interview Kate. She tried to rip Jon a new one. But he held his own.

I doubt Kate would be able to handle what Jon went through with Nancy Grace. Kate would probably just cry.

Anonymous said... [Reply]

"Have your relationships with friends and family been affected as you have become more well known?
Kate - It happens to everybody, yes. I think it goes beyond being on TV or famous. In every situation and every decision people make, family and friends decide to stand with you or stand not with you. I knew to expect it, and I saw it happening. You know, friends come out of nowhere when you least expect it and family members you never thought would, disappear. That's just the way it is. So it's been hard, really.

jj - You banned them from ever seeing the kids because they didn't support YOU putting them on TV."

Also, she didn't want ANYONE else getting paid, no matter how much their kids loved them and they loved the kids, Aunt Jodie..... etc.

This woman, and I use even that word politely, would have her kids taken away if it were anyone else. She's a terrible mother.

Post a Comment

Please refrain from personal attacks aimed at other posters/commenters. We all have our own opinions and you are free to express them here, but keep it civilized as it creates are more friendly environment.

Not all comments will be approved.